Showing leadership through COVID-19
A message from Grant Sexton, Founder and Chairman of Leadership Management Australia (LMA)
For 48 years LMA has been a leader in delivering training and development solutions in the areas of:
- Leadership and management development (under the LMA brand)
- Lean Competitive Systems and Practices (under the Think Perform (TP) Brand)
It’s now time for us to lead the way in light of the unforeseen challenges created by COVID-19.
The safety and well-being of all our TP facilitators and our TP Participants, as well as our client’s broader organisations is uppermost in our minds at all times, so we are diligently following all recommended health department protocols and the specific site requirements of each of our clients to ensure:
- That workshop location / room is cleaned and disinfected before and after every workshop
- That hand sanitisers will be available in the workshop for the Participants
- That surface spray sanitisers and wipes will be available in the workshops for the use of the Facilitator and Participants
- No biscuits or food will be provided
- That social distancing is observed (1.5 metres)
We are also working with our facilitation team to ensure that appropriate hygiene practices and processes are in place, observed and maintained during all workshops. These include encouraging and ensuring that all Participants:
- Wash their hands often with soap and water or hand sanitiser, especially before using shared kitchen facilities
- Cough and sneeze into elbows or tissues which are to be immediately put into the rubbish bin
- Avoid handshakes, hugs and touching their own face
- Bring their own sanitised wipes/hand wash to workshops if concerned
We are also proactively putting initiatives in place to ensure we provide ongoing value to our Participants and Clients. To provide continuity, and enable our programs and Continuous Improvement activities to continue with minimal interruption, we are providing additional options to our Participants nationally including the following.
- Attendance in person at onsite workshops with increased and stronger hygiene, social distancing and cleaning protocols (as above)
- Attendance via technology at the scheduled workshop dates and times via Zoom
- Reducing the numbers in workshops (in both In-person or Zoom format) to support social distancing and reduce any disruption to work flow
- Recording of sessions for playback at a later time should attendance in person or via technology, not be possible
Further planning is underway for delivery of programs at various stages including the following.
- Programs that are well underway or approaching their conclusion and Graduation
- Programs that have commenced and are in their early/mid stages
- New programs commencing in the next few months
The plans for each program will depend on our Client’s policies regarding attendance on-site.
Your TP contact – Facilitator or Account Manager – will be reviewing arrangements for each Client and cohort and communicating regularly to keep everyone informed in this highly fluid environment.
LMA is also investing in further upskilling its facilitation team in the immediate future to ensure delivery via technology provides a worthy alternative to In-person delivery during this challenging time.
We are very much focussed on equipping our Participants with the tools, techniques, knowledge and experiences that they can apply in their workplaces to achieve greater safety and productivity.
As experienced practitioners in the leadership and learning space, we are committed to continuing to deliver value and benefits to all.
Leadership Management Australia